Schools and Nurseries
We love working with schools and nurseries, it is lovely to see children of all ages getting involved in fundraising.
Often, schools and nurseries choose to fundraise for Tiny Lives because some of their pupils (or their siblings) started life on the RVI Neonatal Unit, it’s wonderful to see these amazing children doing so well!
School fundraising also helps pupils to learn about the concept of charity, and (depending on age), they can develop skills around event planning, money management and marketing.
There are lots of ways for schools and nurseries to get involved in fundraising for Tiny Lives, such as:
- Holding a school-wide non-uniform day
- Teacher challenge – in the past we have had teachers grow and dye moustaches for a month, with sponsorship from parents!
- Host a tuck shop – this can be a healthy tuck shop, or one full of treats for a special Friday! (Remember, in order to comply with current COVID guidelines, all items must be individually sealed).
- Encourage pupils to complete a sports challenge
- Organise a month-long ‘Read-a-thon’ where pupils get sponsored to read a certain number of books
- Fancy Dress Fridays
- Host a collection tub in the canteen or at the school Reception
If you choose to fundraise for us, Tiny Lives staff may be available to host a talk or assembly about the work of Tiny Lives and the RVI Neonatal Unit, tailored to the age of your pupils.
For more information, and if your school or nursery would be interested in supporting Tiny Lives, please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.