The Tiny Lives Trust is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By submitting data to us and/or using our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The term ‘Personal Data’ refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, birth date, telephone number, email address or mailing address.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is The Tiny Lives Trust (charity number 1150178 and company number 8169471) of 19 Riverside Studios, Amethyst Road, Newcastle Business Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7YL.
Information we collect from you
Tiny Lives will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.tinylives.org.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you make a donation, participate in fundraising or events, sell on e-bay for Tiny Lives, knitting, sewing and / or donating baby clothes, or any other contribution or engagement with Tiny Lives, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
Information we receive from third parties. This is information that we may receive if you are referred to us by a third party, for example the Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne or charity partners. [The information we are provided from third parties may include name and contact details].
Uses made of the information
The purpose for which we process Personal Data held about you may include the following:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with our newsletter, and with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means and only if you have consented to this.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Selected third parties including:
- business partners, clients, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Tiny Lives or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you. We will also correct, amend, anonymise or delete any Personal Data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. Any access request in providing you with details of the information we hold about you will be dealt with by us without charge and within a period of 14 days.
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Please note that any requests to anonymise or delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed by us.