July Fundraiser: Picnic for Preemies and Pals!
July is National Picnic Month, and we need YOU to gather your friends, family (and tiny sandwiches) to raise funds for Tiny Lives!
Picnic for Preemies and Pals is a new initiative from Tiny Lives, encouraging friends and family to get together, enjoy a delicious picnic and raise funds for Tiny Lives!
We want to make sure this is an inclusive event for our families, hence why it is for Preemies and Pals – many babies on the Neonatal Unit are born at full-term, yet still need some additional care and support. This can be due to illness, or for a specific issue (trouble breathing, for example).
Your tasty get-together could help to support over 800 of these vulnerable babies on the RVI Neonatal Unit, as well as their families.
This is how it works:
- Decide when to host your picnic and invite your friends and family. Please make sure to adhere to current social-distancing and COVID guidelines – we want you all to be safe! This includes regularly washing hands (especally around food!), keeping 2 metres apart and having no more than 30 people gathering outdoors.
- For every attendee, we ask for a suggested donation of £5.00 to Tiny Lives. Think of it as an ‘admission fee’ to the picnic! This can be donated via this link, or by texting ‘Donate tinylives CAKE’ to 88802.
- Pack your picnic – go traditional with sandwiches, crisps, and scones (cream before jam for us!), or go fancy with cheeses, deli platters, and wine – the choice is yours. You can even download a Picnic for Preemies and Pals Card, that you can fill in to let people know why you’re taking part.
- Make sure to take some pics and share them with us, you can email them over or use the hashtag #PicnicforPreemiesandPals. We’ll share our favourites!
- If you’d like to make even more of an impact, why not have some additional fundraisers during your picnic, such as a raffle? We’ve pulled together some ideas for you here.
Thank you so much for supporting Tiny Lives! As always, we couldn’t continue our work without you.