Join us for The Captain Tom 100 Challenge!
We’re asking everyone to get involved in a new challenge, inspired by the amazing Captain Sir Tom and his incredible fundraising!
This new challenge, The Captain Tom 100 is open to all ages and abilities, and offers the chance to raise vital funds for Tiny Lives, while at the same time celebrating Captain Tom’s generosity of spirit, the hope and joy he brought to millions, and his sense of fun. It’s the perfect opportunity to involve the whole family in some fundraising!
It’s easy to take part, you just need to come up with a challenge based around the number 100, and complete it between Friday 30th April (what would have been Captain Sir Tom Moore’s 101st birthday) and Monday 3rd May.
(We appreciate that some challenges, such as running or cycling challenges, may not be able to be completed across just these few days, so supporters are more than welcome to complete their challenge across the month of April, with the deadline being Monday 3rd May.)
Need some Inspiration? You could…
- Bike 100km throughout April
- Make 100 cupcakes and hold a socially-distanced bake sale
- Build 100 sandcastles
- Read 100 books
- Do 100 Squats
- Eat 100 Marshmallows in one go
- Do 100 hula-hoops
- Or, as Captain Tom did, do 100 laps of your garden
How to get involved…
- Once you’ve picked your fundraising challenge, set up a fundraising page to collect donations. We’d recommend Virgin Money Giving or Just Giving for this challenge.
- Spread the word! Tell your friends and family, tell your colleagues, tell everyone! Let us know your challenge, and we can help you promote it too. After all, the more people who know about your #CaptainTom100 challenge, the more donations you might get…
- Share your story, pics and fundraising page on social media using #CaptainTom100.
We are so grateful to have the opportunity as a small North East charity to get involved in this amazing initiative, and we know our supporters will do us proud!
If you’d like any advice on your challenge, or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.