We’re recruiting – Chair of the Board of Trustees
Do you want to play a key part in shaping the future of a prominent North East charity?
We are seeking a new Chair of the Board, who will succeed our current Chair who reaches the end of her term in the next year.
The Chair will provide leadership and direction for the Board of Trustees and enable it to fulfil its roles and responsibilities, ensuring that Tiny Lives is operating efficiently and aiding as many families as possible.
The successful candidate will also play a vital role in redefining the charity’s strategy in the forthcoming year.
If you have the following qualities and abilities, we would love to hear from you:
- The ability to build relationships and promote cohesion and trust throughout the organisation.
- A confident leader, with the ability to Chair and manage meetings effectively, ensuring that decisions made are acted upon.
- A knowledge of PR would be beneficial, as you may have to act in a public relations/ambassadorial role when appropriate.
- An understanding of business and strategic planning is key. You should be able to summarise issues and decisions in order to aid Board deliberations and decision making.
- Good with numbers, i.e.. financially competent to the level required for ensuring effective scrutiny at Board level.
- Senior management experience would be beneficial, as you will be required to provide supervision and undertake annual appraisals of the Head of Tiny Lives using the agreed process.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to make presentations, speak to and liaise with the media, and chair any external-sector meetings as required.
You do not necessarily have to have served on a Board prior to application, although this experience would be advantageous.
The post of Chair of the Board of Trustees is not renumerated, although reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed according to the rates agreed by the Board.
To find out more, please download the Application Pack.
The Tiny Lives Trust is an independent charity which supports premature or unwell newborn babies and their families in the North East of England. We’re proud to support over 800 families every year through their neonatal journey, which can be one of the most difficult and life-changing challenges a family experience. Tiny Lives is here to help ensure the best possible outcomes for babies and their families throughout this neonatal journey.