Proud to support #NeverMoreNeeded
As we navigate the worst impacts of the outbreak, people across the country are relying on the work of charities, the essential support they provide and how they shape our society for the better. As a charity, we know first-hand the impact that charities can have on people’s lives. #NeverMoreNeeded is a campaign that aims to highlight the invaluable work of charities and non-profits.
Tiny Lives has felt the strain of the COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in:
- Reduced fundraising – supporters cannot safely carry out their own events, as well as high profile events such as the Great North Run and our Charity Ball needing to be cancelled.
- Donors being unable to support the charity as they may wish to, as their own income has been reduced due to furlough or redundancy.
- The need to adapt our services so that we can still continue to support families, such as taking our Meet, Chat, Learn parent and baby classes online and developing virtual fundraisers.
During the pandemic, we have also offered additional levels of support to families that directly address the impact of COVID-19, such as:
- Funding taxi journeys to and from the RVI during the peak of the first Lockdown, enabling parents to visit their baby without risking exposure on public transport (in partnership with LA Taxis).
- Funding a hardship fund for Ward 35 parents, offering financial assistance to families in need.
- Funding local accommodation for families from outside of the area, allowing them to stay near their baby.
- Funding additional iPads on the Neonatal Ward for the vCreate system (also funded by Tiny Lives), which allows nurses to send videos of babies to their parents when they can’t be together, helping to reduce separation anxiety.
You can support the campaign by sharing your stories about Tiny Lives on social media with the hashtag #NeverMoreNeeded, or by donating here. Any amount will make a huge difference to babies and families on the RVI Neonatal Unit.