As Christmas creeps towards us, we’re all looking forward to a few days of rest and relaxation. With this is mind, the Tiny Lives office will be closed for a short time over the festive period. Our opening times are:
Christmas Eve: Open until 12 Noon
Christmas Day: Closed
Boxing Day – New Year’s Day: Closed
Reopens: Wednesday 2nd January 2019, 9.00am
We hope all of our supporters have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
The Tiny Lives Trust is seeking two new Trustees to play an active role in helping us to support premature and sick babies and their families at one of the most critical times of their lives.
Tiny Lives supports families from across the North East and Cumbria who spend time on the Neonatal Unit at the Royal Victoria Infirmary. The unit looks after more than 30 – 40 babies at any one time and over 750 a year. Tiny Lives aims to support the service in providing the highest quality of care by funding a range of services, facilities, staff posts, training, research and equipment. The Tiny Lives Trust launched as an independent charity in April 2013, although it has a history which stretches over 30 years as a charitable fund.
We are looking to appoint 2 Trustees to strengthen the existing Board. Whatever your professional background, you will be willing to engage fully in Board meetings and support the development of a new strategic plan.
We are particularly interested in individuals who have experience in marketing and digital communications, fundraising or corporate networks and partnerships.
Our Board of six lay and six clinical trustees meet quarterly in Newcastle upon Tyne. We ask our trustees to be ambassadors for our work and occasionally attend fundraising and other events.
Tiny Lives is in the early stages of developing its strategy for 2019 and beyond. This will be informed by the outcome of consultation with parents, stakeholder engagement and Board discussion. This strategy will determine the types of services and activities Tiny Lives will focus on in the future, in order to best support the ongoing needs of families. In addition to the quarterly Board meetings, a sub-group of Board may be established to support the delivery of the strategy.
If you are passionate about the difference we make to babies and their families, we would very much like to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by 21st December 2018.
The Tiny Lives Trust – Trustee
The Tiny Lives Board of Trustees are jointly and collectively responsible for the success of the Tiny Lives Trust. Trustees of the Tiny Lives Trust are both Directors of the Company and members of the Board of Trustees.
The key attributes of Trustees will be their ability to grasp complex issues, to work well as a Board team, and to be driven by a passion to improve neonatal care.
The duties of the Trustees are to:
- Ensure that the organisation complies with Charity law and Company law.
- Ensure that the Charity does not breach any of the requirements set out in its governing document and that it remains true to the purpose and objects set out within that document
- Comply with the requirement of other legislation and other legislators which govern the activities of the Charity.
- Act with integrity and avoid any personal conflicts of interest or misuse of funds or assets.
- Develop and monitor the delivery of a strategic plan to achieve the overall charitable objectives, including a financial plan, for the achievement of the overall charitable and business objectives;
- Agree operational and governance policy and procedures for Tiny Lives Trust and monitor the implementation of these;
- Set and ensure maintenance of a framework of delegation and internal controls;
- Receive, scrutinise and analyse financial reports and progress information provided by the Head of Tiny Lives and the Treasurer;
- Disburse grants in pursuit of the charitable aims and objectives;
- Promote the interests of Tiny Lives Trust within a wider network.
It is expected that all Trustees will be able to demonstrate:
- a commitment to equality and diversity;
- a commitment to work in the best interests of Tiny Lives Trust at all times and to take part in the work of the Charity through involvement in sub-committees and by serving as an officer of the Board as required and agreed;
- a professional approach to the work of the charity and Board and to the development of Tiny Lives Trust.
The role of Trustee of the Tiny Lives Trust is voluntary although reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed according to the rates agreed by the Board.