Meet, Chat, Learn – Six Week Mindfulness Course (October 2019)
If you’re considering booking a spot on our 6 Week Mindfulness Course, you’ve come to the right place!
This October we will be funding this course, which is open to all former Ward 35 parents. It will be taking place at the Tiny Lives office, and will be delivered by qualified coaches from Back to Balance.
You can see the full course programme below:
6-week Mindfulness and Meditation course
Thursday 3 October 2019 – 7 November 2019
10.00am – 11:30am
These classes will teach you the basic principles of mindfulness and meditation, which you will be able to incorporate into all aspects of your daily life. These principles will give you coping mechanisms and teach you to find moments of space and stillness within the mind, to help you manage stress.
Benefits of mindfulness and meditation:
- Increased feelings of being centred, grounded and present
- Improves happiness, sense of wellbeing and appreciation of life
- Improves body functions such as sleep and concentration
- You will feel calmer, more relaxed as your stress and anxiety levels reduce
- Able to deal with life more easily and gives you back the “I can cope with this feeling”
- Improves decision making and your clarity of thought
- Improves attention, focus and creativity
- Promotes high quality relationships and communication
The sessions include-
Week 1. Grounding
- How grounding improves your body’s physical, emotional and energetic capabilities.
- The importance of grounding in learning to still the mind.
- Breathwork and meditations to help you stay grounded.
Week 2. Mindful Breathing
- You will learn how breath can heal and restore your well-being.
- You will learn breathwork techniques to release emotional blocks that are triggering stress signals in your body.
Weeks 3 and 4. Cultivating Awareness through Mindfulness and Meditation
- Understand what your distractions are and why you struggle to be present.
- You will learn different mindful techniques to help develop your awareness so you can stay present.
Week 5. The Art of Allowing
- Understanding drama/trauma/chaos and how it affects our lives.
- Learn to stay unattached when triggers arise.
- Understanding impermanence and how all emotional states that arise can shift with this understanding
Week 6. Cultivating a Compassionate Mind
- Understand what compassion is and how to stay compassionate when triggered
- Explore shifts in your compassion mindset towards different situations
- Increase positivity and reduce stress through practicing compassion
For more information or to book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org