Meet, Chat, Learn Sessions
Based on feedback from our parent surveys, we are pleased to announce that from July 2019 we will be piloting a programme of free sessions at the Tiny Lives office, which have been hand-picked for parents and babies who have been discharged from the RVI Neonatal Unit. You can download the programme for November and December 2019 here.
From the surveys, you told us that you would like:
- A place to meet other parents and chat, as well as the Buddy Group
- A Paediatric First Aid course
- Parent and baby bonding sessions
- Support for parents’ mental health and wellbeing
With these themes in mind we have put together a full programme to run between July 2019 – March 2020 that offers:
- Regular dates for a Tiny Lives Meet Up – a chance to meet, have a coffee, play and chat
- Paediatric First Aid Courses
- Mindfulness Introduction days and courses
- Baby Massage and Baby Yoga sessions
- Bi – monthly ‘Boogie Bairns’ music sessions
- Makaton Taster session
We have endeavoured to offer varied opportunities, so that everyone can attend something at a time that suits them. Sessions will be held on weekdays and weekends (mainly in the mornings between 10 -1) as this was the most popular time from the parent survey.
- We do not have space to hold a creche at the Tiny Lives office so childcare would need to be covered for parent only sessions. However, if you wish to attend a session/course and childcare is an issue please do get in touch as we might be able to help.
- We will be advertising sessions on our Facebook page and website. The Tiny Lives Meet Ups are drop ins so no need to book just come along. All other sessions/courses will need to be booked on to on a first-come basis.
- This programme is a pilot, so we would like to have as much feedback as possible about what works and what doesn’t so we can develop the sessions to suit your needs as parents. Don’t be shy!
For further information or to book onto a session/course please contact Jacqui Adams 0191 230 2112, firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also see the November – December programme below.