The Work of the Tiny Lives Trust
“My baby survived because of these fabulous people and this immense charity”
The Tiny Lives Trust is a registered charity that helps to care for premature and sick newborn babies, their mothers and families in the Special Care Baby Unit of the Newcastle Neonatal Service based in Ward 35 of the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle.
The fund aims to provide the highest quality of care on an ongoing basis and needs to raise at least £250,000 every year to support a range of facilities, staff, and equipment:
- developmental care aids and equipment, for example baby nests, gel pillows, sleep shades, and noise level monitors that offer the highest quality of care
- a package of support for every family so parents can chart their baby’s progress, including a memory box, journal, and stickers to record those early critical days, weeks, and sometimes months
- a family room and accommodation as families often have to stay close to their baby
- travel costs – financial support for low income families who may have to travel for many months from across the region
- a Neonatal Physiotherapist to aid early development, support families, and train nursing staff
- specialist training so nursing staff have access to the latest developments in neonatal care
- a dedicated Social Worker who provides social, emotional, and practical support for parents
- research grants that enable the unit to lead on neonatal developments and offer the highest quality of care
You can find out more about the impact and benefits that the Tiny Lives Trust brings by clicking here.